As most (if not all) of you know, I am a coffee addict. My go-to is Starbucks because it’s the closet coffee shop to my house, there’s one basically on every corner, plus, I have a gold card (oops). Since I’ve been drinking coffee, especially […]
In exactly one month I will be 25 years old! These past years have literally flown by, I seriously do not know where the time has gone! While I’m still coming to terms that I will be a quarter century old and only 5 years until I’m 30, I have put a list together of 10 things I want to do before I turn 25.
Make an expensive purchase
Explore my own backyard
-Find a fun from of exercise
-Step out of my comfort zone
-Take on a new sport
-Learn to make a cocktail
-Make a soufflé
-Watch more sunrises
-Print out some of my favorite pictures.
Come on my adventure to 25 while I (try) to complete this list!
It’s National Popcorn Day!
To celebrate National Popcorn Day, I decided to make some AMAZING zebra popcorn!
This popcorn is perfect for a casual night in as well as Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day movie night with the girls! Great for goodie bags at the end of a party, or just for yourself. To be shared and to be selfish, this is the perfect popcorn for anything!
Check out the recipe below!!
- ¾ cup popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (or your chocolate of preference)
- Preheat oven 250 and set the rack on the second lowest position
- Make popcorn as normal or as instructed
- Place popcorn in oven in an oversafe container to keep warm
- In a saucepan, add brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter. Bring to boil for 5 minutes while continuously stirring and scraping sides of the saucepan. Remove from heat and add your vanilla and baking soda. Stir until mixture has thickened.
- Pour over popcorn mixture mixing popcorn and caramel as you go along to give a nice even layered coating.
- Transfer caramel popcorn to wax paper lined baking sheet to a single layer. Cool completely. Once cooled, bake in the oven for 1 hour stirring the popcorn every 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let popcorn be cooled completely before adding chocolate
- microwave chocolate for 30 seconds, stirring in 15 second intervals until smooth and melted. Drizzle over popcorn and let cool completely before separating the popcorn into pieces.
The popcorn takes about 2-2 1/2 hours to make all together, but it’s definitely worth it and will make all of your friends jealous!
The popcorn lasts up to a week in a zip bag, but I don’t think it will last that long!
As most of you know, I love coffee. Ok, more like obsessed… So,Â I have decided to put in some last minute gift guide together for your coffee obsessed loved ones! I have found some great picks! Here is my gift guide for coffee lovers!
Enjoy a cup. 🙂
Until next time…