I’m back! I took a little (unintended) break from blogging, but I wanted to give you a little update of what I’ve been up to! 🙂 14 Months Without Anxiety Medication Yes, you heard that right. It has now been 14 months! I’ve been […]
It’s National Popcorn Day!
To celebrate National Popcorn Day, I decided to make some AMAZING zebra popcorn!
This popcorn is perfect for a casual night in as well as Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day movie night with the girls! Great for goodie bags at the end of a party, or just for yourself. To be shared and to be selfish, this is the perfect popcorn for anything!
Check out the recipe below!!
- ¾ cup popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (or your chocolate of preference)
- Preheat oven 250 and set the rack on the second lowest position
- Make popcorn as normal or as instructed
- Place popcorn in oven in an oversafe container to keep warm
- In a saucepan, add brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter. Bring to boil for 5 minutes while continuously stirring and scraping sides of the saucepan. Remove from heat and add your vanilla and baking soda. Stir until mixture has thickened.
- Pour over popcorn mixture mixing popcorn and caramel as you go along to give a nice even layered coating.
- Transfer caramel popcorn to wax paper lined baking sheet to a single layer. Cool completely. Once cooled, bake in the oven for 1 hour stirring the popcorn every 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let popcorn be cooled completely before adding chocolate
- microwave chocolate for 30 seconds, stirring in 15 second intervals until smooth and melted. Drizzle over popcorn and let cool completely before separating the popcorn into pieces.
The popcorn takes about 2-2 1/2 hours to make all together, but it’s definitely worth it and will make all of your friends jealous!
The popcorn lasts up to a week in a zip bag, but I don’t think it will last that long!
As most of you know, I love coffee. Ok, more like obsessed… So, I have decided to put in some last minute gift guide together for your coffee obsessed loved ones! I have found some great picks! Here is my gift guide for coffee lovers!
Enjoy a cup. 🙂
Until next time…
It’s Thanksgiving week! I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is just 2 days away! These years seem to go by faster and faster. Here are some of the things I am Thankful for this Thanksgiving…
Coffee- Anyone who knows me, knows that I love coffee. It doesn’t wake me up or give me a burst of energy. For me, it’s a comforting cup of iced or hot that makes the day a little brighter. It’s really become a lifestyle.
Laughing Until You Cry- I think these moments make the best memories. There have been some great moments where I’m silently laughing while tearing are running down my face.
Starry Nights- When there’s a clear sky, you’re drinking a cup of coffee, and you’re with friends just looking at the beautiful stars talking about the most random things are nights that I love.
Family- Of course, I’m so grateful and thankful for family. They’re always there when you need someone to lean on and show you that there’s always a light at the end of a tunnel. The some of my best memories are with my 4 goobers.
Music- Music literally gets me through anything. I’m thankful for musicians that let us into their minds through song.
Puppies- Mostly, I’m thankful for my puppy, Biscotti. 🙂
Let me know what you’re thankful for!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!