What Makes You Happy?
Being a 22 year old girl in this day in age can be very stressful. Â With school, work, friends, homework, family, etc. Â It’s not always easy to look at the positives in life; to just relax take some deep breaths and be grateful for everything you have. Â Every night before I go to bed I enjoyÂ writing down all of the good things that happened during the day and everything that I am grateful for. Â I’ve decided to shareÂ my top 10Â things that make me happy, whether they are big or small, it’s what makes you happy that matters.
*Photo taken from Ashley Benson’s instagram*
This list is in no specific order
- Doing my makeup – I know some girls feel the struggle of adding makeup to their faces everyday, but this makes me happy. Â I love getting ready and trying new eye shadows on, it calms me before I go out.
- Sunsets/sunrises – Like almost every girl, I love watching the sunset and sunrise. Â Waking up early with a cup of coffee watching the sunrise is something everyone should experience once in their lives. That being said..
- Coffee– I am a massive coffee addict and I am not afraid to admit it!
- Game night with my family– Coming from a very loud Italian/Puerto Rican family, game night gets a bit crazy (in the best way possible). By the end of the night, we’ve all cried from laughter at least twice if not more.
- Drives down PCH– Living so close to Pacific Coast Highway, I take full advantage! I love stopping to get coffee (haha) and blast someÂ Bobby Darin up and down PCH. Â The ocean air helps me de-stress. Bobby Darin for those of you who don’t know of him.
- My Friends– I have had the same three best friends since I was in the 6th grade. Â Although our lives get busy, we always try to find one way or another to catch up and be our weird selves without judgments.
- My Sister– Being an identical twin, my sister is more than a sister to me. Â We laugh, we cry, we sing loudly (and off key) to the songs like Gilmore Girls theme song. Â I couldn’t ask for a better sister.
- My Dog– My cute little Yorkshire Terrier, Biscotti is the most adorable thing ever! She always puts a bright smile on my face when I see her little face.
- Reading– I didn’t start really enjoying to read until senior year of high school, all thanks to my english teacher, Mr. Brendan Powers! Â He helped me love the written word, and now I can’t seem to put a book down! Thanks Mr. Powers!
- Hugs– Anyone who has ever met me knows that I am a big big hugger. Â I absolutely adore hugs.
Those are my 10 things that make me happy, what are yours? And as always..