Recently I’ve been craving Trader Joe’s mud pie. Â I’ve never tasted anything better than that pie. Â And to be quite honest, I don’t even like coffee ice cream, but that in mud pie is so darn good! Â I went to Trader Joe’s to pick it up, and I was told that they no longer carry it! 🙁 Â So, I had to be inventive. Â I googled a bunch of easy mud pie recipes, and I landed on none other than my favorite food blog, It’s All About The Yummy! Â The recipe is here.
Her recipe uses mason jars, but I couldn’t find anything.
What You’ll Need:
-Coffee Ice Cream (softened)
-Vanilla Ice Cream (softened)
-Hershey’s hot fudge topping
- Using the entire bag, Crush the Oreos in a bag with a rolling pin . Â Add the the bottom of each cup of your choice, add a nice layer of the crushed Oreos.
- (Make sure to have the coffee softened for easier usage). Â Add the coffee ice cream on top of the Oreos.
- Drizzle caramel sauce, fudge, and Oreos on top of the coffee ice cream and stick in the freezer to harden for 10 minutes.
- Take the cups out of the freezer and add vanilla ice cream. Â Then drizzle caramel sauce, fudge, and Oreos on top and put it back in the freezer. Â Continue to do this until you’re happy with your mud pie.
- Top the mud pie with caramel sauce and Oreos along with some whipped cream
This is so simple to make, and will have your friends and family begging for more!